Seed Germination Accelerator
This seed germination accelerator is a special type of salt (NO, not table salt) that you mix with distilled water and soak the seeds for 12 hours to jump start germination. Osmotic priming, or halopriming, has been scientifically proven1 to shorten germination times. We highly recommended you use this technique, almost required, for these tricky to germinate super hot pepper seeds.
Seed Priming Benefits
- Softens seed shell for easier and quicker germination
- Significantly fewer “helmet heads”
- Breaks seed dormancy and jump starts germination1
- Increases initial height of seedlings1
- Increases fresh shoot weight1
- Improves seedling survival ability1
- Empty entire contents into 1 Liter of distilled water. Shake well.
- Label container clearly and keep away from children.
- First soak seeds in a 50/50 mixture of 3% Hydrogen Peroxide and water for 5 min, drain, then soak seeds in solution for 12 hrs.
- Rinse and immediately sow indoors using your preferred method (paper towel method).
- Superhot pepper seeds need 80-85° F to germinate.
- Agoncillo, B. (2018). Enhancement of Germination and Emergence of Hot Pepper Seeds by Priming with Acetyl Salicylic Acid. Journal of Biology, Agriculture and Healthcare ISSN 2224-3208 (Paper) ISSN 2225-093X (Online). Vol.8, No.2, 2018